Jump to navigation Jump to search
This section is for links to published case studies and articles
- Informal and Incidental Learning in the Clinical Learning Environment: Learning Through Complexity and Uncertainty During COVID-19 Papanagnou, Dimitrios MD, MPH1; Watkins, Karen E. PhD2; Lundgren, Henriette PhD3; Alcid, Grace A. MA4; Ziring, Deborah MD5; Marsick, Victoria J. PhD6. Informal and Incidental Learning in the Clinical Learning Environment: Learning Through Complexity and Uncertainty During COVID-19. Academic Medicine: August 2022 - Volume 97 - Issue 8 - p 1137-1143 doi: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000004717 Use of the Cynefin Framework
- Households’ aspirations for rural development through agriculture Mausch et al., in SAGE JOURNALS, use of SenseMaker®
- Implementation of a SenseMaker® research project among Syrian refugees in Lebanon Bakhache et al., in Global Health Action (2017), use of SenseMaker®
- SenseMaker® as a monitoring and evaluation tool to provide new insights on gender-based violence programs and services in Lebanon Bartels SA et al., in Evaluation and Program Planning (2019), use of SenseMaker®
- Luke Metelerkamp, Scott Drimie & Reinette Biggs (2019) We’re ready, the system’s not – youth perspectives on agricultural careers in South Africa, Agrekon, 58:2, 154-179, DOI: 10.1080/03031853.2018.1564680
- Omoding, J., Walters, G., Andama, E., Carvalho, S., Colomer, J., Cracco, M., ... & Schelle, C. (2020). Analysing and Applying Stakeholder Perceptions to Improve Protected Area Governance in Ugandan Conservation Landscapes. Land, 9(6), 207.
- Van der Merwe, Liza & Biggs, Reinette & Preiser, Rika. (2020). Sensemaking as an approach for resilience assessment in an Essential Service Organization. Environment Systems and Decisions. 40. 84-106. 10.1007/s10669-019-09743-1.
- Walters, Gretchen et al.(2021) “COVID-19, Indigenous peoples, local communities and natural resource governance.”.
- Fraulin, G., Lee, S., Lusamba, S. et al. “It was with my consent since he was providing me with money”: a mixed methods study of adolescent perspectives on peacekeeper-perpetrated sexual exploitation and abuse in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Confl Health 15, 80 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13031-021-00414-0
- Illuminating and mitigating the evolving impacts of COVID-19 on ethnocultural communities: a participatory action mixed-methods study Denise Campbell-Scherer, Yvonne Chiu, Nicole Naadu Ofosu et al., in CMAJ (2021), use of SenseMaker®
- Group singing as a resource for the development of a healthy public David Camlin et al., in NATURE, use of SenseMaker®
- Mausch, K., Harris, D., Dilley, L. et al. (2021). Not All About Farming: Understanding Aspirations Can Challenge Assumptions About Rural Development. Eur J Dev Res 33: 861-884. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41287-021-00398-w
- Groot, B., de Kock, L., Liu, Y., Dedding, C., Schrijver, J., Teunissen, T., van Hartingsveldt, M., Menderink, J., Lengams, Y., Lindenberg, J., & Abma, T. (2021). The Value of Active Arts Engagement on Health and Well-Being of Older Adults: A Nation-Wide Participatory Study. International journal of environmental research and public health, 18(15), 8222. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18158222
- Johan Enqvist, Gina Ziervogel, Luke Metelerkamp, John van Breda, Ntombikayise Dondi, Thabo Lusithi, Apiwe Mdunyelwa, Zinzi Mgwigwi, Mpumelelo Mhlalisi, Siya Myeza, Gciniwe Nomela, Ann October, Welekazi Rangana & Maggie Yalabi (2022) Informality and water justice: community perspectives on water issues in Cape Town’s low-income neighbourhoods, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 38:1, 108-129, DOI: 10.1080/07900627.2020.1841605
- Ziervogel, G., Enqvist, J., Metelerkamp, L., & van Breda, J. (2022). Supporting transformative climate adaptation: community-level capacity building and knowledge co-creation in South Africa. Climate Policy, 22(5), 607-622. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/14693062.2020.1863180
Blogs, company web sites, reports, gray literature and the like
- Using the SenseMaker® site to illustrate how to format
- Die Politik der kleinen Schritte: Sensemaking und kollektive Veränderung unter komplexen Bedingungen. Von Anne Caspari (LiFT)
- The Future of Higher Education in Moldova: a look into students' perceptions. (2020)
- How Decent is Decent Work? Using SenseMaker to understand workers' experiences. Mager, F., Smith, B., & Guijt, I. (2018) Oxfam. Chicago
- Related: Sensemaker: Combining Stories, Numbers and Data Analytics to Uncover Hidden Dimensions of Relationships. A method note on the application of the project above.
- Using sensemaker to measure, learn and communicate about smallholder farmer inclusion. Leuven: VECO. Online. http://betterevaluation. org/resources/example/sensemaker_veco. Deprez, S., Huyghe, C., & Van Gool Maldonado, C. (2012)
- A Student Sense of Belonging At Georgetown: First Generation Student Undergraduate Experiences. Georgetown University: The Hub for Equity and Innovation in Higher Education. Morrison, Molly, Young, Toddchelle, Elmendorf, Heidi. (2020)
- SenseMaker: the lived experience of nursing in Northern Ireland during a pandemic 2020/2021. Northern Ireland: Royal College of Nursing. (2021)
- PwC’s Data and Analytics Survey 2016
- Building Back Better: Making Sense of Drought and Resilience in Afghanistan, by UNDP (2020)
- Making sense of a water crisis documentary, by the Western Cape Water Caucus and researchers from University of Cape Town’s African Climate and Development Initiative (2021)
- Citizen Engagement & Democratic Innovation Case Studies including Measuring the Mountain, Valley Stories, Malmö Libraries, My Malmö, The People's Platform, Citizens Take Over Europe, Extinction Rebellion UK, and Live learning Welsh Storybook, with more coming soon.
- PONTE Media Futures fund
- Covid-19, Indigenous Peoples, Local communities and natural resource governance. A study from the Institute of Geography and Sustainability of the University of Lausanne (2022)
Anyone should feel free to write a case study, please do so as a separate article here and link