Getting started with the Cynefin Wiki
If you need login credentials or would like a walk then please see the contributors page
Create your user page
(Get there by clicking on the person icon at the top of the page.)
- Your user page format is down to you, but something about who you are, your CV, publications, links to material which will tell the community something about you.
- If you work for Cognitive Edge, the Cynefin® Centre or have some form of associate status please provide a CV as a minimum as we will use that in proposals.
- Have a look at other user pages such as Dave's to get an idea of what to do. Be creative.
- If you want to keep your identity anonymous then please get in touch with Dave.
Create your signature
- Create your signature. You can see how a signature is used here in the talk page conventions.
- Make sure to always use your signature when commenting on talk pages.
- You can review your account settings using preferences. (Your personal preferences link can be found at the top right of the page.)
Validate Your Email
Please go to your preferences page, email options and confirm your email. This is necessary if you need to reset your password and also means that people can you email you. This avoids exposing your personal email details anywhere else on the wiki
Code of Conduct
Remember everything you do is on record and participation as a wiki editor is subject to the code of conduct.
- Use the 'show preview' button to check the presentation before saving your edits.
- You can have several screens open at the same time and this can be useful. You can one screen for editing and another where you can find the names of articles which can make life easier.
- It's worth getting into the habit of looking at recent changes regularly to see what's going on.
- Please also use edit summaries as these make everyone's life easier.
- Over time you will get to know which editors you trust as reading their edit summaries will help manage your time.
The main Contributor page is where you'll find helpful links to guide your wiki editor journey.