ALL training material is subject to a non-commercial share and share alike licence. You are welcome to contribute to, and comment on the material as well as copy it for personal use but you cannot offer commercial courses without the explicit consent of Cognitive Edge
This is an entry-level programme designed to be taught by CE facilitators as well as third parties
- To join a Basecamp please connect to the Cognitive Edge web site
- Cynefin® Basecamp can also be facilitated as an in-company training workshop with customised content based on the context of the hiring organisation. Please get in touch at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Virtual Cynefin® Basecamp is an immersive experience of complexity, introducing participants to the application of the Cynefin® framework and its tools and methods through first-person participation. Currently offered in a virtual environment, this course is aimed at those new to complexity and Cynefin®. For those who are well-read in the subject but want to refresh their knowledge, this course offers an opportunity to engage with others in learning about Cynefin® practices in today’s context.
- Four 3-hour virtually facilitated sessions.
- Course pre-work and in-between session study: Video lectures, reading
- Available instructional languages:
- French (in development)
HOLDING. Update with final course revisions.
The following methods and concepts are covered in Session 1:
- Anecdote circles
- Introduction to Complex facilitation
- What is a system? including the three main types of system and the metaphor of solid, liquid and gas
- Introduction to complex adaptive systems theory
- recipe & chef metaphor
- Linear construction of Cynefin
- Cynefin contextualisation
- Introduction to the Cynefin® Framework Part I
- Introduction to the Cynefin® Framework Part II
- Introduction to Constraints (Fixed, enabling, governing, no effective)
- Design principles for managing complexity
- Aporia and Confusion brief overview, not in detail
- Cynefin Dynamics brief overview, not in detail
- General principles of bounded applicability
- Designing a portfolio of safe-to-fail probes
- Individual case studies are selected from the wider body of material
- How to engage with this Wiki to learn about other methods and concepts in the Cynefin® eco-system